It is the responsibility of all students on the bus to help ensure each other's safety. Compliance with the following rules will help make every student's bus ride a safer one.
If you have any student conduct/discipline questions please call David Coyle at 720-886-4118.
Required Student Conduct
while riding District School Buses
NOTE: These rules apply to all bus routes, activity trips, and field trips.
1. Follow the bus driver or assistant's instructions at all times.
2. Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time in the morning.
3. Stand a safe distance from the curb or roadway.
4. Respect the driver/assistant and other bus passengers.
5. When crossing street by school bus, always cross 10 feet in front of the bus. Wait for the driver’s signal to cross.
6. Sit quickly and quietly in assigned seat. Remain seated facing forward in your assigned seat while the bus is moving. The aisle is not to be blocked at any time.
7. Middle School and High School students are required to show student ID card to bus driver upon request. Coaches and sponsors are accountable for identification of students on field trips and athletic trips.
8. No eating, drinking or spitting inside the bus.
9. Do not throw anything off the bus or have any part of you outside the bus.
10. Talk in normal tones; loud, rude, vulgar or obscene language is prohibited.
11. Cell phone usage limited to texting, video games, or listening to music (with earbuds).
12. State law and/or District policy prohibits the following items on school buses:
- Glass items
- Legally prohibited substances
- Weapons or facsimiles Explosives
- Fireworks (including smoke and stink bombs)
- Animals, insects or reptiles Other dangerous objects
13. All items carried by students (i.e., band instruments, athletic equipment, backpacks, etc.) must be under their control at all times and must be carried in the lap, or properly secured in a vacant seat or under the seat. Instruments cannot occupy needed seating space or be placed in the driver’s compartment, aisle, or in the step well.
14. Skateboards, scooters and roller blades are not allowed
on the school bus.
15. Students are permitted to leave the bus only at their designated stops. Any changes require a parent/legal guardian’s written request, approved by a school administrator and by Transportation. Any change involving a student crossing a major thoroughfare will not be approved for any reason.
16. Students are permitted to ride only in their assigned bus. Exceptions (for emergencies only) must be requested in writing by the student’s parent or legal guardian and be approved by a school administrator preferably on the approved "Permission to Ride"
17. Keep the bus clean and free of damage.
Infractions of the above rules will result in disciplinary action, which may include suspension of bus privileges.