Brooke Cunningham and Connie Egleston
720 554 4338 720 886 7025
- Frances Woolery-Jones, Secondary Special Education Director
The Cherry Creek School District will identify students with hearing loss or an auditory processing disorder, and then provide the opportunity for these students to pursue and develop to their full educational and emotional potential. Each child with an educationally significant hearing loss or auditory processing disorder is unique and receives an individual educational plan annually to determine needs and subsequent programming.
- Manage the hearing screening programs for early childhood and K-12, including follow-up screening and evaluation.
- Evaluate hearing aids and assistive listening devices and provide follow-up services.
- Provide consulting and guidance to teachers and families regarding the impact of hearing-loss on children's development.
- Provide audiological services as determined necessary through the IEP process.
- Evaluation of central auditory processing skills and deficits.
- Education and in-services about hearing-loss and prevention of hearing loss for both CCSD students and staff.
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS (Preschool to High School)
- Consultative services.
- Itinerant direct services at home school.
- Resource center-based classrooms.
- Self-contained classrooms.
- Oral, American Sign Language, and total communication available.
- Counseling for transition to college, trade school, etc.
The state of Colorado has clearly defined guidelines for the provision of audiological services for children birth - 21 years of age.
Please contact the Colorado Department of Education (CDE).
Audiology Department at Eastridge Elementary
11777 E. Wesley Ave. Aurora, CO 80014
- Dr. Debbie Gwinner, Audiologist
- Dr. Holly Rice, Audiologist
- Dr. Kori Zedaker, Audiologist
- Staci Wilson, Assistant
Audiology Department at Red Hawk Ridge Elementary
16251 E. Geddes Ave, Centennial, CO 80016
- Dr. Shelly Miller, Audiologist
- Dr. Heather Guy, Audiologist
- Mary Ellen (Meg) Garbrecht, Audiologist
- Stephanie Carter, Assistant
The Cherry Creek School District audiological services are provided by our district audiologists. A variety of clinical audiological services are available.
Comprehensive hearing evaluations:
- Pure tone air and bone conduction testing
- Soundfield testing
- Speech audiometry
- Auditory processing testing
- Audiometry Otoacoustic Emissions screening
- Hearing testing and screening for difficult to test populations
Services to facilitate learning in the classroom:
- Auditory assistive technology, both personal and whole classroom
- Assistance in program placements through the IEP process
- Consultations concerning effects of hearing loss
- Training of educational staff
- Referrals to outside medical and community agencies