Updated by 6:00 a.m. daily.
Translate this page with Google Translate
In the event of a weather delay or closure, parents will be notified via the Blackboard Connect phone message system. We also will post the notification on our district and school websites, Facebook, Twitter and notify the news media.
>>>Read how the district makes the decision to delay or close schools
WEATHER DELAY AND CLOSURE LINE
Parents can also call the Weather Delay and Closure Line:
WHEN SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED:
- Before- and After-School Daycare Programs are cancelled.
- All activities scheduled in district facilities are cancelled.
- In-district sports events and team practices are postponed.
WHEN SCHOOLS ARE ON DELAYED START:
- Elementary School bus pickup is delayed 60 minutes. School starts at 9:00 a.m.
- High School bus pickup is delayed 90 minutes. School starts at 9:50 a.m.
- Middle School bus pickup is delayed 90 minutes. Schools starts at 10:20 a.m.
- Specific schools and programs:
- Challenge School start time is delayed 60 minutes to 9 a.m.
- Cherry Creek Academy start time is delayed 60 minutes to 9 a.m.
- Heritage Heights Academy start time is delayed 60 minutes to 9:00 a.m.
- Morning Preschool bus pickup and start times are delayed 60 minutes.
- I-TEAM program start times are delayed 90 minutes.
- Transition Center start time is delayed 90 minutes.
- Joliet Learning Center bus pickup and school start times are delayed 90 minutes.
- Expulsion program operates on a normal schedule.
- Dismissal times will be the same as usual for all schools, including morning kindergarten and preschool programs.
- Before and After-School Daycare programs will operate on a normal schedule.
- We will monitor conditions throughout the day and make a decision about whether it is safe to hold after-school activities. We will communicate that decision as early as possible before the end of the school day.
If serious storm conditions or other emergency situations develop during the day, the district will monitor the situation and advise affected schools and the transportation department as soon as possible, of a decision to dismiss school early. When this decision is made, this information will be posted on this web site, recorded on the applicable area hotline and sent to the media as soon as possible.
In case of dangerous weather warnings or other dangerous conditions, a school may hold students past their dismissal time for safety reasons. This information will be posted on this web site, recorded on the applicable hotline, and sent to the radio and television stations as soon as possible.
Parents are urged to make contingency plans for their child(ren) in the event of an emergency. Arrangements should be made for the child(ren) to go to a neighbor's house, or to have access to the home with directions for contacting a parent.
In no case will an elementary school child be released to a person without proper identification and clearance from the school office.
We understand that some parents may make a different decision for their families. If you feel the weather is too severe to send your child to school, please call your school's attendance line and let them know your child will be staying home. The absence will be excused.