Are you a former PTCO officer? Would you like to continue to make a difference for our schools and our students? Then, consider serving on the Parents’ Council Executive Board.
The mission of the Parents’ Council of Cherry Creek is “to promote the exchange of ideas among parent representatives of all schools in our district, to serve as a vehicle of communication within the district for parents, teachers, administrators, the Board of Education and interested residents, and to serve as the umbrella organization for each constituent Parent-Teacher-Community Organization (“PTCO”) within the district.” As a PTCO officer, you have probably attended one or more Parents’ Council meetings. If so, you know that they are 90 minutes packed full of timely and relevant information about the Cherry Creek School District.
Parents’ Council Executive Board members commit to a two-year term. Meetings take place on the second Wednesday of the month, September through April (but not in November or December), from 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM. Executive Board meetings are conducted immediately following the general meetings, so this is truly a once a month commitment. Most other business is conducted via email; although depending on the board position, attendance may be needed at an occasional outside meeting or function.
Parents’ Council seeks to represent all constituents in our district’s schools, from all geographic area, as well as all populations. For the 2018-2019 school year, we are seeking individuals in the following areas: Communications, Treasurer, Document Review, Secretary, Social Media, and Hospitality.
If you are interested in learning more about serving on the Parents’ Council, please contact Kristine Ritter at email@example.com.
The Communications Chair shall oversee all external marketing of Parents’ Council events with the community. The Communications Chair shall also serve as a resource for individual schools’ PTCOs with regards to Communications-related issues. The Communications Chair shall also:
• Assist the President and District Liaison with planning meeting topics and speakers.
• Prepare the Communications portion of the Leadership Training Sessions.
• Work with Social Media Chair to put monthly update information on Website and Facebook.
Treasurer (2 Positions Available)
The Treasurer shall oversee all financial aspects of the Parents’ Council including dues and taxes. The Treasurer shall also lead and advise the PTCO Treasurers across the school district. The Treasurer must have a financial aptitude that is looking to lead district-wide. The Treasurer shall also:
• Prepare budget and financial statements for each board meeting – tasks involved are check deposits, expense reimbursements, treasurer workshops and tax workshop.
• Assist and guide CCSD’s PTCO treasurers in their roles through email support, phone support and meetings – your co-treasurer shares this responsibility and you have past treasurers advising you along the way.
Document Review Chair
The Document Review Chair shall oversee and coordinate the external record keeping functions for Parents’ Council. The Document Review Chair shall:
• Record and maintain all required document submissions from subordinate PTCO organizations.
• Issue periodic documentation statements throughout the fiscal year.
• Supply information to the Executive Board and individual PTCOs as needed.
The Recording Secretary shall:
• Attend all PC General and Executive Board meetings to record the minutes to the proceedings.
• Send the minutes to Executive Board members and print minutes for General meetings.
• Keep all minutes up-to-date and properly filed.
Social Media Chair
The Social Media Chair shall oversee all Internet-related items that are directly related to Parents’ Council. The Social Media Chair shall also serve as a resource for individual schools’ PTCOs with regards to social media issues. The Social Media Chair shall also:
• Maintain the PC Facebook page, forum groups and Parents’ Council Website.
• Set a good example for PTCOs by ensuring that the PC Website and Facebook pages are current and relevant.
• Post minutes including notice of the next PC General and Executive Board meetings.
• Work with Communications Chair to put monthly update information on Website and Facebook.
The Hospitality Chair is responsible for planning and bringing food for the monthly General Meetings and for the fall and spring workshops. The Hospitality Chair shall also:
• Make sure the room is set up and straightened up afterwards each month for the General Meeting.
• Obtain, co-ordinate and set up food and beverages for all General Meetings and the Leadership Training Workshops.