Each year, the Cherry Creek Schools Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) recognizes people within the Cherry Creek Schools community who make a difference in the lives of children with special needs.
SEAC is pleased to announce the 2016 Golden Heart Award recipients:
• Rosemary Fox, Bus Aide, Transportation
• Valerie Hines, Registered Nurse, Rolling Hills Elementary
• Kirk Johnson, BD Teacher, Black Forest Hills Elementary
• Katrina Kass, School Psychologist, Campus Middle School
• Marly Lemoine, Student, Red Hawk Ridge Elementary
• Jodi Marquez, Drama Teacher, Fox Ridge Middle School
• Heather McDonald, Para-Educator ILC, Black Forest Hills Elementary
• Mary Moden, Para-Educator ILC, Thunder Ridge Middle School
• Katy Morris, Para-Educator ILC, Grandview High School
• Edith Sepulveda, Lead Child Find Program Specialist, Child Find at Red Hawk Ridge Elementary
• Terry Bryan, Dean, Sky Vista Middle School
• Trevor Van Luit, Building Security Supervisor, Overland High School
These special people will be honored at the 14th Annual Golden Heart Awards Dinner on Wed., March 9 at the Marriott South in Lone Tree.
In addition to hosting the Golden Heart Awards Dinner, the Special Education Advisory Committee works to create and strengthen partnerships between parents, Cherry Creek Schools, and community agencies by providing a forum that promotes education, advocacy, networking and collective problem solving. SEAC is open to parents, staff, community members and anyone interested in working side-by-side with Cherry Creek Schools to make a difference in the lives of students with special needs. Get more information about Special Education Advisory Committee here.